Monday, July 25, 2011

So confused Now!

Today we went to baby group at the Children's Development Team and its looking like we will only be going one more time and then we're leaving to go with Carpentaria Disability Services.  The Occupational Therapist talked to me today though and she was all like "You don't have to go if you don't want to, its up to you, don't feel like you have to go.  I agree with what Peter Morris (The Doctor) is saying and on paper Carpentaria looks like the best service for him, but they don't even have a physio working there at the moment, they just have a "visiting physio" and I have been talking to Tahnee (the PT) and we just wanted to tell you that you don't have to go, we are willing to do whatever Joshua needs"
Well WTF.  
Talk about being in a bind!  I really don't know what the best thing for him is.  To stay somewhere that we know and love and risk missing out on better service, or to go and find out that we should have stayed.  As it is, I am going to give it a chance with Carpentaria because I don't know what that is like until we try it.  I Was talking to a friend the other day who told me she knows a mother who was crying when her child reached school age and got transferred back to CDT (Carpentaria only does until they go to school and then they go back) She loved Carpentaria so much...
Before, I thought we were changing services because it was the right thing to do but now I don't know if it is the right thing to do!!   I am thinking if I don't like it we can change back though....   But we are not allowed to go to both at the same time...  LOL   (I asked if we could still come to baby group, and the answer was no!)

I am still so confused by all this though, seeing as people that live elsewhere get seen by all of the different therapists..  I still can't help but wonder if we are getting jipped with this whole "Multi-disciplinary" service delivery.   AUGH!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment